Linden Font

Wednesday 13 February 2013

A happy absence

Grapefruit cocktail

I promised you a week of Valentines recipes. My plan was to dish up cupcakes with turkish delight and buttercream, doughnuts (plain and simple) and a gorgeous little smoked salmon breakfast for Feb 14. But then life got in the way.

On Sunday, we planned a quick trip to Daylesford to the Regional Producer's Day. Held at the Lake House, we sampled fresh berries and cream, wine, cheese, truffled sausages, beer, biscuits: the works. We saw Matt Wilkinson (from the amazing trifecta Pope Joan/Bishop of Ostia/Hams and Bacon) whip up a fabulous potato salad with smoked yogurt and the world's most delicious beetroot salad with wagyu beef and a simple fried egg. It was my kind of day and I didn't think it could get any better.

Walking back to the car with an armload of treats, Matt decided we should take a detour: "Let's go for a walk around the lake". He loves to walk (seriously, 12km home each day is no exaggeration) so I thought nothing of it. We came to a sweet old pier. "Let's head out there". I began to smell a rat (albeit a terribly romantic rat). Out we wandered and in a shaky voice, he asked me to marry him.

I'd like to say I was totally cool at this point, answering with something along the lines of "You bet your sweet bippy I will". I won't even try to lie. I cried like a little girl. The most important thing is I said yes. Affianced!

I will try to do a belated Valentines series. I owe you that much. And you may have to excuse the soppy lovefest this blog will become. I know myself too well.

Hugs and kisses!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats again honey pie! Looking forward to the wedding menu planning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweets! A lot of pressure for an awesome wedding menu!!

      Delete