Linden Font

Friday 30 August 2013

Fml


Sorry for the absence dudes. We travelled to Fiji for a friend's wedding last weekend. It was everything I expected and more: gorgeous beaches, piles of seafood as high as your navel, mango tangos out to yin yang. What I wasn't expecting? Picking up a nasty stomach bug somewhere in Nadi airport on my way back home.

It's nearly a week later and my stomach's still making noises like Predator is lurking somewhere in my lower intestine. I've had a week off work right smack bang in the middle of a huge project. Great timing, belly!

So my silence over the interwaves has been due in part to illness and also because I'm limited to ONLY EATING WHITE FOOD. Kill me now. This couldn't have happened to a more inappropriate person.

For the last few days, I've eaten four things: white rice, potatoes, steamed chicken and the occasional banana. No oil, butter, sugar, vegetables, fruit, grains or, more importantly, bacon. For the love of god, not the bacon!

On a side note, Matt's been spending a lot of time out of the house of late. It might have something to do with my behaviour over dinner last night. We were sitting down to baked potatoes, mine topped with rice and chicken. His? Coleslaw, spicy pancetta, mayo, beans and parsley. As he started tucking in, I leaned and whispered, "Can I watch?" He didn't seem to like that.

So that might explain the situation over here at Casa Del Toilet. No recipes because there's only so many versions of plain rice you can cook. Boiled or absorption method? Oh my! The options are limitless!

1 comment: